Saturday, January 28, 2012

For the Love of Life

For those of you who know me well, I have been through many jobs. I have been a Fast Food Worker, Restaurants, Retail. Movie Theater, Movie Store, Youth Development Worker, Hotel Sales and Car Sales....Phew! WOW, just typing it made my head hurt. I went to Amanda the other day and said "Hun, I like my job." Going in I told my managers, this is just temporary for me. I want to be a Pastor...so they know. My job gives me plenty of opportunity to work on school stuff, and in the meantime I get to speak with a lot of different people. I know God has put me here for a purpose, and I love seeing Him work.


Each customer I speak with I have been able to talk to them and let them know what I am doing with school. They may see my textbook on my desk and ask about it, or they may just strike up conversation. It gives me a great opportunity to spread the Word. Also, I have coworkers that I have come to care for and I can only hope that I am making a difference in their lives. (You know who you are.) :)


God has purpose in our lives no matter where we are. When I started working here, I was a little leery because it was yet another job that I was not going to stay at for a while. But I have said numerous times that this is my last job before I become a Pastor...God willing.


This made me start thinking...God has a purpose for everything! I hope that I am able to be used as a tool for Him. I pray that God uses me in circumstances that I have yet to see. But I wanted to bring up that no matter what circumstance you are in (Health, Employment, Life) that God is going to use you.


Ephesians 2:10 says: "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."


How are we going to let God use us? I think sometimes we IGNORE the ways that God wants to use us. As Christians we are to be used by God here on this Earth, but yet we often ignore the calling by our Master to go here or go there. God, how are you going to use me as a Husband, a Father, a Friend, a Car Salesman, a Youth Worker....God where do you want me? I think that we often forget to ask God where He wants to use us and completely ignore God's calling. 

"God, is that you talking?" How often have you asked yourself that when you see a car on the side of the road and you are deciding to stop or not, or you see a stranger in need or you need to talk to someone that may have hurt you? How often have we asked ourselves "Why me?" Well, because God has a plan to use you through your circumstance...no matter where you are. Remember that we are where we are because God wants us there. 

Love,

The Clouses

No comments: