Sunday, January 15, 2012

Blessing

As I sit here beginning the next chapter in my life, Liberty, the next challenge, the next step...I think to myself that this is such a huge blessing.

This whole weekend has been amazing. Lorelai, my princess and the one who stole my heart a year ago has just turned 1. We had her birthday party yesterday at Milford High School pool and it couldn't have been better. It was amazing. As I look at my little girl and how much she has grown in the last year, I start to tear up a little. Where has the time gone? For those of you have grown kids, I am sure your saying right now..."Just wait." But in the past year she has grown from a little baby who resembles a oompa loompa (from the jaundice) to a beautiful young toddler. SHe is my princess and I will love you forever Lorelai.

And today I took the first steps into both of my classes. Mixed emotions on this. First I began with math and already I start getting frustrated. I despise Math, but I am so giddy and happy to get started that I seem to forget that what I am doing is so despicable and ....you get the point. I have also started my Old Testament Survey studies and this is going to be fun. I am already learning so much. Did you know that every time the Word has the LORD all caps it was originally "Jehovah" or Yahweh (YHWH?) I had no idea! Going through Genesis and Creation right now and I am learning.

Now with the house quiet and Amanda and Lorelai in bed I am going to continue studying and learning, but I wanted to post how amazing our Lord is and how great it is to be a Father and student. Thank you all for tagging along in this journey.

Short post today but I promise to post a more profound and interesting post tomorrow.

-James Clouse

No comments: