Wednesday, January 4, 2012

God's Love and Blessings

Oh how I've tried these before. But lately a lot has been on my heart, my mind and my conscience. God has great plans for me and I know that.

Amanda, John and Lorna Lyman and myself have been doing a Bible Study called Experiencing God. I have had so much fun with it and I have learned so much. One of the most important things I have learned so far is Why do we ask for God's blessings in our life? Yes, God likes to bless us. I know this. But, why ask for them. Do we deserve them? Did I do something so miraculous that I now have no more sin in my life? No, we all sin and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23) Instead, we should be asking God what we can do for him. Lord, what would you like me to do for you today? How can I be more obedient to you? This is why I have named this Blog "Humble Servant." Instead of asking for God to pour His blessings on me and my family, I am going to ask God what I can do to be more obedient to Him? He will decide if I deserve His blessings or not.

Folks, this is incredibly dangerous!!! Make sure you are prepared. You are asking God....the Maker of life...what you can do for him. You are asking Him how you can be more obedient. You better know that He is going to show you a few things on how you can do that. You better be careful what you ask for because He will show you.

General Dwight D. Eisenhower once said "There are no victories at bargain prices." What he is saying here is nothing comes easy or cheap. God's blessings will not come easy or cheap in your life. What makes me think that God will bless me when I am not being obedient to Him?

So, this is my first of many blogs. I hope that you all help me to stay accountable to keep up with this because I learn as I type. I feel the more I express what I have learned, the more it sinks in.

Love from the Clouses!

No comments: