Thursday, January 5, 2012

Times of Moses

I have been reading "Courageous Faith" by Ed Hindson for school and came up to Chapter 4 on Moses. As I am reading this, I said to myself "I want to find out more than what this book is giving me." So, I did a little research of my own. Please remember that this is all theory based on a educated guess. (If you want to go out on a limb and say I am educated.) :)

During the ancient times of Egypt there were different dynasties. The Hyksos were the Second Intermediate Time of Egypt when things were under some sort of chaos. The twelth Dynasty came to an end with the death of Queen Sobekneferu around the time of 1777 BC. She did not have an heir to her throne, so a new dynasty took over. Both the 13th dynasty and 14th dynasty didn't last too long, but about 1650 or so the 15th dynasty took over called the "Hyksos."

The rulers of the Hyksos go as ordered: (speculation)
Sakir-Har
Khyan (1620 BC)
Apophis (1580-1540 BC)
Khamudi (1540-1530 BC)

Now, let me start by saying that the Hyksos are noted for starting the Composite bow and horse-drawn chariot.

As you see above, each ruler had a somewhat long run of power. I speculate that Apophis' daughter was the one to take in Moses. You will know why a little longer into the blog.

Now, Moses ran away after saving one of his own into the wilderness. When God asked Moses to return to Egypt via The Burning Bush (Exodus 3:1-21) the Bible states a new ruler (Pharaoh) had taken over at that point. (Khamudi)

Now, the last plague on Egypt was the death of every firstborn in every household. Now, normally the heir of a kingdom is your firstborn. The Bible does state that the Pharoh's son was killed during this plague.

So when the Pharoah released the Isrealites into the wilderness, and they got to the Red Sea...everybody knows the story of dividing the Red Sea. Now it is my speculation that either the Pharoah was with the Egyptian army (who were on horse drawn chariots) when they drowned or quite possible he went a little nutty after these affairs, because this dynasty ends with him and it moves unto the 16th dynasty.  (See Exodus 14:21-31) His heir died in the last plague so he has no one to carry on the 16th dynasty.

I still want to do a little research on this matter, but I wanted to share what I have learned so far. Thanks for listening.

Love the Clouses

No comments: