Thursday, February 2, 2012

Old Testament Lesson

So, right now in school I am learning a lot about Old Testament heros such as Moses and Joshua. There was a line in my book that really seemed to strike out at me and speak to me. "Moses reminded Israel that God's blessings are often directly related to submission to His will." Read Deuteronomy 3:23-29 to see how Moses' consequences of his own for not submitting to God.

I have to ask myself DAILY, "Lord, am I submitting to your will?" Am I following God's will and submitting myself to Him or am I being greedy and doing what I want to do. This post directly relates to a couple of other posts, but I had to share this line.

If you go on to read the rest of the story of Moses, he travelled for 40 years in the desert, had to listen to grumbling and complaining of the Israelite people, and fight the Pharaoh and because he didn't submit to God and His will, he was not able to enter the Promised Land. How often do we miss out on blessings from God because we are not submitting to Him.

I do know that sometimes it is not so easy to know what God's will is. Sometimes you ask yourself; "Lord, how do I know if this is your will?" Well, I ask you...
1) Have you prayed about it?
2) Here is a BIG one that I will do a blog about later but, Have you fasted about it?
3) Have you seeked Christian Counsel?

If you still feel like God is pressing on your heart to do something after doing the things above, than most likely it is God and not the Mexican food you ate earlier.

I am sure that in my life I have probably missed out on some of God's blessings like Moses missed out by not being able to enter the Promised Land. I pray Lord that I will be more submissive to your will in my life and that I follow your counsel. Thank you Lord for the blessings you have given me.

-James

No comments: