Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Problem

See, I have one problem...if you ask my wife I am sure she would laugh and snort saying..."Just one?"...but I have one problem that I need to work on and I am being convicted of.

The Bible tells us in Matthew 5:16 to do things to glorify God and give glory to Heaven. I know that God has given me an amazing gift to preach and teach others, and I love it. Children and youth hold a very special place in my heart. It is amazing to see these kids grow in the Lord, and know that God used me to impact these kids. When I am approached and people say great job with the kids, I am not sure what to say..."Thank you?"
Sometimes I feel that if I say too much, I am just looking for more compliments, but I like the compliments and that is what I am being convicted of. I know I need to give that glory to Heaven. I need to step back and let God have that glory because He was the one who placed me where I am and has given me what He has.

Also, I want things to happen in my time. So I guess this is something else I am being convicted of...y wife was correct. I want soooooo much to be in these kids lives more, and to be there for them, but I just don't have the time with a more than full time job and school. I want to be with them all the time. When we are on breaks, I literally miss them so much I feel there is an empty spot in my life. But I know God has a plan for me and my family, and my that will be shown to me when the time comes. But I quote a famous line from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; "But I want it now!" I guess I have to work on this.

Typing this blog out has helped me to realize that I need to step back and let God take over my life. I need to watch what he is planning for me. I appreciate all the leadership at my church (Pastor Jim, Jayson Combs, Ernesto Alaniz) and others, and I truly love all of you. I pray that God will bring me to be the Christian man that you are.

Thank you Lord for the blessing of being able to reach out to children, and I pray you give me the patience and guidance necessary to step back and let you take control. Help me to glorify you for the gifts you have given me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoy the compliments, just don't let it go to your head. yes it is a gift, not everyone is good with teens. pace yourself, you have a lifetime ahead of you, you won't be able to help them all today. And sometimes your heart is going to be broken by them. but remember God is in control and He will use those times of screwing up to strengthen those kids. Some kids have to learn things the hard way.