Friday, May 11, 2012

The Coming

The Lord is coming!

There is a statement that should put us as Christians in a state of movement right off the bat! What are we doing standing around just waiting for the next coming? If we know the Lord is coming soon, why are we not telling as many about Christ as possible? Why are we not living as the Lord wants us to live?

If I went to Heaven right now, I would not want to stand in front of my Heavenly Father with the sins on my heart. We need to ask for daily forgiveness for our sins. We need to live as Christ commanded us. Jesus gave the disciples and us the Great Commission to tell others about Him. Matthew 28:19 says to go tell the "WORLD" about Him. The disciples at the time didn't know the extent of the world, so Christ was speaking to us too.

Everyday I read more stuff on Facebook or on Yahoo about Wars, deaths, gay marriage, abortion, etc. and it saddens my heart that the world has moved so far off course. But I can't let it sadden me, it should only make me stronger to tell more people about the saving grace of my Father.

Don't let your life just pass on by, do what you can to survive each day and let the day float by. Use every moment of your life to live for your Father, because we don't have much time left.

3 comments:

Dr. Terry Dorsett said...

The clock is ticking. The narrative of history is winding down. Jesus is coming soon. We should all be ready. Thanks for reminding us of this.

Terry Dorsett
www.terrydorsett.com

Paul G said...

Hi James;
Please tell me, when is a born again believer ever ready for the coming of the Lord?
I think that a believer is ready for the Lord at any time, because he has faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. That faith is credited to the believer as righteousness and makes him ready, without sin at anytime.
Paul

James Clouse said...

Paul, respectively I disagree. I believe that as Christians we are prepared to go to Heaven on any given hour, this is true, but I also believe we have to continue living for the Lord and cleanse our hearts daily. I wouldn't want to go to the Father with a filthy heart and sin in my heart, or to go to Him and say that I had given up on Him or stopped living for Him. I want to kneel in front of my Father saying that I was living for Him.