Thursday, August 30, 2012

Spiritual Gifts

I am now in the second week of my classes at Liberty and am loving it. It is a lot of reading, but it is stuff that I enjoy. I am taking Church Ministries and Theology I this semester.

In my church ministries class I had to take a long quiz asking me a bunch of questions about myself and it helped me figure out my spiritual gifts.

Evangelism14
Prophecy9
Teaching10
Exhortation16
Pastor/Shepherd21
Showing Mercy13
Serving12
Giving8
Administration16


I think this was pretty accurate. The Pastor/Shepherd being the highest is kinda a given for me. I know that the Lord has called me into ministry and it will happen on His time. I truly love the children I care for and I know I watch over them as a Shepherd would his flock. One that I was a little surprised about was the level of teaching. I love to teach.

I have been studying Phillipians lately and it is a great book to read for those going into Ministry. Philipians 2:3 really stood out to me where it says "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above." (NIV) I have to remember at all times to humble myself and remind myself that it is not me that is showing love for these kids, that is is Christ showing His love through me. I have to hide this verse in my heart and keep it close at all times.

I ask for your prayers for the ministry. I am happy where I am at selling cars and I know God has me here for a reason, but my heart is somewhere else. This job is the best I have had in years, I am happy here, and I get to meet a lot of different people, but I miss my kids when I don't see them. I had to miss things like camp and different activities, and that makes me sad. But for now I am doing the Lord's work where I am in the dealership.

Stay tuned, I will soon have a new blog from my theology class.




No comments: