Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine's Week

So, this week is Valentine's Day! Just as a hint gentleman who read this blog, the day is this Thursday. Amanda and I were chatting yesterday about the upcoming so-called holiday. Ernesto Alaniz also mentioned it in his sermon yesterday. It got me thinking a little about my love for Amanda and I thought this would be the best week to post a mushy blog.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." Here I quote a famous Doctor, not one in whom I would usually take love advice from except if it was for One Fish or Two Fish; or Green Eggs and Ham. But the statement is unbelievably true. When you dread going to sleep because you love your reality more than your dreams, that is one reason you know you are truly in love. I often lay in bed and just stare at my wife (Yes, a bit creepy) and think that I don't want to go to sleep, I just want to lay awake and love this woman.

One thing I think our country is missing today is the thinking of Dr. Seuss. In our culture, there are things to consume your time so that you don't have to spend that extra hour with your spouse. There are movies, video games, bars, television, etc. to shift focus off of what/who is right next to you. I am not saying that any of these things are necessarily bad, but when it takes priority over the important things, that is when it becomes a problem.

Yesterday, we were driving around and I look at my wife and tell her that I love my Sunday's with my family. Every other day I have so much going on in my life. Sunday is our day to spend some time together and have fun together; even if it is just going to the mall to hang out and then coming home to take a nap together.

So for those of you who are married or have that special someone to spend Valentine's Day with; cherish that time and let that special someone know how much you love them. So many things in our lives consume our time, that when you get that time to spend with that person, make the most of it.

No comments: