Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Life Together

My wife, Amanda Clouse, is the love of my life and I have no idea what I would do without her. She has made me who I am. The Lord has put the most amazing woman in my life. We joke around with each other sometimes and say my life would be quieter without her, or less stressful and we laugh about it, but I always come back to knowing that this woman is the love of my life and made me who I am.

It has been hard the last year because I have not had a lot of time with her. With school, working a lot of hours, church and everything else, it seems like we don't get a lot of time together. Yet, lately I have felt so much closer to her. She has been so supportive of me with my school work. It reminds me of Proverbs 31:10 which says "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies."

One of the things I need to work on is reading the Word with her and praying together. We need to grow together as a couple in the Lord and keep the Lord in the center of our marriage. Last night I asked my wife if she would pray with me and we prayed for the country in the wake of this storm and for our family. I could tell it meant a lot to her to pray together. We always pray before our meals and such, but this was time with just me and her and I could tell it meant a lot. THAT gentleman is what is most important in our marriage. Keep the Lord in the center of it and don't stray off that path.

So many men in our age keep themselves so busy trying to support their family, busy themselves, go out and hang with buddies after work, or even overdo themselves helping in ministry that they often forget what they have at home and that their families need them. That is why there is such a problem in our households, and why there are so many broken homes.

My wife and my daughter are the most important gifts that God has given me. He has given them to me to take care of, provide for them, teach them, guide them, and protect them. It is hard work, but someone has to do it...and men, that is us. We have to financially support our homes, but also give up ourselves to them.

I love you babe and I will see you soon!

1 comment:

Offset said...

That's beautiful. I can't wait til one day when I have a family of my own!